Inspired to live simply
Hi, I’m Wendy,
Born in New Zealand to Dutch parents, I was bought up on an isolated farm next to the most beautiful town of Kaikoura, where the grand mountains fall headlong into a rugged coastline.
I believe this outstanding landscape shaped my passion for life and photography.
I am married and have three children and seven grandchildren. Today half our life has been spent in New Zealand and the latter half in Australia. Both landscapes provide me with varied and amazing opportunities to photograph.
I am most contented with what is on my doorstep, Australia's harsh, dramatic beauty and New Zealands cool, spectacular scenery totally inspire me. I am completely addicted to what I do and I live for the next moment I can get out into this world.
To create, to be real, to live simply, and to love others and what I do.
To be real and authentic is possibly the most attractive quality you and I possess.
The simple art of living is robbed from many of us today, I work hard at keeping things fun, uncomplicated and real.
The world may have gone crazy and complicated but hey, not you and I..!!!! We are the heroes, the go getters, the explorers, the dreamers, the simple folk, the salt of the earth....
What I do:
* Photography is my passion, for me, life began when I found a camera! I have a Nikon D800E and also a Nikon D5100.
* I dream, I create and I aspire to make the most beautiful images I can with my camera and my editing programmes.
* I blog weekly (or fortnightly) on self help for everyday life and spirituality.... and I truly hope my photographs and writings will inspire you to take hold of your dreams.
* I sell my photographic prints which you can view in my GALLERY . They are reasonably priced and look fantastic on white walls.
* If you wish to make a purchase simply message me using my CONTACT PAGE
* I have written a number of adorable children's books illustrated using my own photographic images, which you can see and buy through my GALLERY.
FROM MY PEN
The tools of the trade.
You have to seek out adventure, it wont just come to you.
I love white boats and wild seas.
I dream of a home by the sea and a caravan for weekends.
It's OK to be a bit weird, people appreciate you much better if you are authentically you.
If you see something amazing, STOP and take the shot, it will never be quite the same ever again.
If I'm not at home, I'm either on my bike or lost in a field.
My most loved days, above all else, is the days I spend with my children, grandchildren and family.
I tell myself there is always something good ahead, just keep looking and keep walking.